Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fig and Strawberry Ricotta Tart


Another Saturday, another trip to the farmer's market, and another new inspirational ingredient.  Figs are in season, folks.  And I made sure to snatch up a few along with my usual fruits and veggies.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them,  but after the recent and very rich S'mores Pie,  I knew I wanted something light and fresh.


This ricotta tart was just the ticket.  Not only did it let me use up the rest of my graham crackers from the S'mores Pie, but the ricotta filling is creamy and lightly sweet - it really lets the fresh fruits shine.  Top it off with a little honey and you've got a perfect summer dessert.


Fig and Strawberry Ricotta Tart

Crust
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 30 square crackers or 15 big rectangular ones)
1/2 cups (1 Stick) Butter, melted

Filling
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
about 16 quartered figs and strawberries
honey for drizzling

Preheat oven to 325°F.  Stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well-mixed, then press evenly into the bottom of a tart pan to make a crust.  bake for 8-10 minutes, until fragrant.

While crust is cooling, beat together ricotta cheese and heavy cream until soft peaks form.  Add sugar and vanilla and continue beating until stiff peaks form.  Spread the cheese mixture evenly in the cooled crust.  Arrange figs and strawberries in concentric circles on top.  Cool in the fridge for 3-4 hours.

When serving, drizzle each piece with honey to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment